- Lets face the facts no good has come from any sort of invasion. It has always negatively impacted the native culture and tradition. So wonder how a violent clash between two diametrically opposing 'ideas' namely Islam and Vedic Hinduism could produce anything positive. Hinduism and Islam co-exist within India like oil and water. Both cannot mix yet can exist side by side.
- We have many historical records by contemporary Islamic court historians who have spoken at length of women and children taken into slavery or abandoned and able bodied men massacred.
- It does not take much imagination to imagine hundreds of thousands of destitute children and widows forming a big part of the population in the aftermath of an invasion. It happened in UK and especially in Germany after WW II. The only difference being that modern sensibilities and government helped settle, educate and secured the lives of these widows and children. In medieval India this was obviously not possible, leaving these unfortunate souls to the vagaries of the general population or people in power.
- As long as its not your women she became fair game for 'uthva lo' attitude prevalent even today.
- As long as they are not your children, poor orphans become easy prey.
- Lakhs of unprotected and uncared for women, young girls and children were were freely available and in abundance as refugees or destitute. When anything is available for the taking then the value and respect for that goes down.
- Indian media and people acting as intelligentia on television or press either are ignorant of such facts or dont want to highlight or bring to fore this information lest their secular credentials get damaged.
In many cases they were unwanted burden on a already strained society and economy. With no real welfare system wonder who really cared for them, or did anyone even really care for them at all. Some may have found food and shelter at temples or 'dharmshalas' but even they were destroyed in northern India. One can only imagine the plight of our ancestors.
Its very important that Indians understand the 'real' impact of the 1000 years of invasion and occupation has had on Hindu culture and sensibilities. Only then will we be able to understand why we behave and react in a certain way. Many of our current attitudes is a result of a bloody, gut wrenching, tragic and terrible 1000 year period of Indian history. Medieval India must have been a hell on earth.
Just like a doctor cannot prescribe a cure till he understands the true nature of the malady, we cannot come to terms with some of the social evil till we understand the true cause. Else we will continue to treat the symptoms and keep blaming Hinduism for all the faults.